Real Fans! Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Fans! Wrestling

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Backstage News On The Proposed New Tag Team Partner For Chris Jericho

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Craig
Lower Mid-Card
Craig

Backstage News On The Proposed New Tag Team Partner For Chris Jericho Empty
PostSubject: Backstage News On The Proposed New Tag Team Partner For Chris Jericho   Backstage News On The Proposed New Tag Team Partner For Chris Jericho I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:24 am

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The immediate creative reaction to Edge suffering a torn Achilles tendon at a live event this past Friday was to figure out a way to get the belts on Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase. Over the weekend, those plans changed as they were looking to have Edge make one final appearance on television by giving his Unified WWE Tag Team Championship belt to Dolph Ziggler, and proceed from there. However, it was noted that given how things work in the company, that plan would likely change a dozen times between now and this Monday's television taping in Orlando, when the final decision would likely be announced. At this point, they no longer have plans to make Ziggler Jericho's tag team partner (although that too can change again).

At one point over the weekend, there was talk about keeping the Colons together, editing out Carlito's turn on Primo on this past Monday's taped airing of Raw. However, that idea is off the board because they ended up airing the turn on Raw.

Creative was looking at footage of the SmackDown show taped on 7/1 in Bakersfield, California to see if there was a spot they could point to on this week's episode they could use for the injury. The hope was to find a spot during Edge's run-in during the Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio match, since that would be his last physical appearance. It would appear that they found nothing because on Tuesday, the WWE website acknowledged the injury and the surgery, and listed it as happening in his match with Jeff Hardy match from a leapfrog spot as opposed to trying to create a storyline reason for it.

Edge had been working hurt even before his ladder match with Hardy at last month's Extreme Rules pay-per-view. He noted during a recent radio interview promoting the television taping in Fresno that when he was younger, he was able to recover quickly from those type of matches quickly. He then said he was hurting just walking for a week after the match.
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Taylor
Lower Mid-Card
Taylor

Backstage News On The Proposed New Tag Team Partner For Chris Jericho Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backstage News On The Proposed New Tag Team Partner For Chris Jericho   Backstage News On The Proposed New Tag Team Partner For Chris Jericho I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Good post. It would have surely been a bit stupid to cut out Carlitos turn on Primo, when everyone in that arena saw it? There would have been a few questions asked had they been back together the next week.

I think Ziggler should be Jericho's new partner, no one else in the tag team division excites me, so I'd rather Jericho keep the belts in any way possible.
Back to top Go down

Backstage News On The Proposed New Tag Team Partner For Chris Jericho
Page 1 of 1